Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Schnitz un Gnepp, die gliech ich net

this very short very simple song was VERY difficult for me to transcribe.  I think the problem was that the person who originally transcribed it wrote the wrong time signature.  i'm quite ignorant when it comes to these things, but the computer program wouldn't let me put all the notes into the measures, and i'm pretty sure that the notes all add to a different amount of beats than 2/4.  so I added a measure, and did my best ... reworking things so they sound right.

btw - blogger won't let me upload just a sound file.  that's why I have to add an image and make these things into "movies".

English translation

schnitz and gnepp*
these I don't like
the beets are too sweet
the farmer's girls
these I won't kiss
they have feet too big

*dried apples and dumplings - a penna dutch dish of roast pork baked with dried apples and dumplings

2 comments:

Boopadoop said...

I suggest making a soundcloud account...
You'll be able to upload original productions there and you can create an embeded link to the audio files to post on blogger and other places.

eeTeeD said...

much thanks! i will mull this over.